Blue cheese pasta by Not enough Cinnamon
IngredientsFor the blue cheese sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk, heated
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (3.5 oz)
- Freshly ground pepperFor the pasta
- 12 oz linguine (or any pasta you like) - 2 oz per person-
- 1 bouillon cube (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package direction, with a bouillon cube (stock). Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, about 2 minutes. Don’t let it brown!
- Add the hot milk, continuing to whisk as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil.
- Add blue cheese and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, whisking for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat, pour over pasta and mix well to coat. Serve immediately.
The leftovers will dry out a bit. Add some milk when reheating them.